Friday, June 19, 2009

finding the spirit of a great 24hour

I am getting through this week. 2 intensity sessions down, one to go. It is not as bad as it could be because I know for sure I am nearly there. Psychological theory tells us that motivation is stronger as the reward gets closer. No brainer I guess.... but race day is nearly here and that means it is easier to roll out the door.

Time to start thinking about my head. I truely believe 24 hours is as much about that, as your body and fitness. God, these races can hurt. and if you let your head get in the wrong place it can be insurmountable and it WILL end your race. before you know it you are pulling in for extended rests, or finding reasons to not ride. The reasons are always there, it is just whether or not you choose to focus on them.

my daughter had her first sports carnival this week. nothing like watching a bunch of 5 year olds just getting into 'the doing'; it is all you need. Also helps to have a kook dancing on the sidelines. Sean, TR - take note.


No comments: